I really couldn’t wait to introduce you to my guest today, meet Kristen from Just A Girl and Her Little Dog and K.R.T. Home. I have been reading her blog for a pretty long time and of course loved her little dog (aka main attraction) immediately. Kristen has such great feminine style and I love looking at her new home. She also recently opened an online store which sells some really great vintage and new pieces of furniture and accessories. I just adore this miniature chesterfield sofa and this miniature Louis style chair . So cute right?
Hi, I’m Kristen from Just A Girl and Her Little Dog and K.R.T. Home. I am so excited Julia has invited me to be a part of this series because I am super passionate about 1) My animals 2) Living pretty. Stop by my blog sometime to see a ton more photos of how I combine the two.
As you can see I have a full house so lets just jump right in!
Lola is my O.G., my bestie, my cuddlebug, and my partner in crime. She has been with me from my teens, now in my twenties, and hopefully she’ll see my thirties. There is no dog like my little Lola. Since she is basically the star of my blog and all over my Instagram, you can learn all you want over there. To keep things short and sweet I thought it would be fun to do 10 fun facts about Lola.
- She’s as prissy as you’d have guessed. If it includes getting dirty, playing too hard, or petty much anything besides sitting on your lap, or posing for photos she’s not about it.
- Speaking of, she is the best lap sitter ever. And the best model ever.
- She’s a senior! Many people don’t realize she is almost 8 years old.
- She was a sick puppy. The second day we had her we spent way more money than we had on vet bills. At only 1lb she was ridiculously fragile.
- She is a people person. Not a dog or toddler person.
- She suffers from separation anxiety. She wants to be with us ALL the time.
- Her signature pink do is done at her groomer. It’s made for animals and completely safe.
- She is a food snob. It’s so embarrassing when the people in the Starbucks drive thru offer her a biscuit and she refuses.
- Her perfect day involves car rides to the beach, walks around the harbor, and constant attention from my husband and I.
- In her old age she has begun to snore.
Love has been in our family for about a year and was a gift for Valentines Day. She is a spunky little Parrotlet. Adding an animal to the family really changed things up. Lola took a long time to not be so jealous and I was SOOOOO relived that she didn’t try to eat her. Now they coexist but I would not call them friends. The funny thing is, I was so afraid of Lola hurting Love, and now Love charges at Lola and tries nipping her. Lola is pretty much afraid of Love.
Molly is the newest addition to our family, having her for only about 2 weeks! We found her in the parking lot of my husband’s restaurant. You can learn all about how we found her and her sister on my blog by clicking HERE. Oh boy has our household been turned upside down. I really have to be honest and say that Molly has been one of the easiest puppies I have ever seen. She is very loving, and seems to catch on to things quickly. She now walks great on her leash and is pretty much potty trained.
The problem comes with the other two animals. Lola is depressed and jealous. We are trying our best to work through this stage. I hear I need to give it a few months before they will really bond. I just can’t wait for the day when they somewhat enjoy each other’s company. I have not yet let Love out while around Molly; I think it will be baby steps with them as well.
One of the only things I love as much as my animals (and husband of course) is my home. I am a huge believer in creating a space that is not only pretty, but a reflection of your family as well. I find myself trying my hardest to work my pets’ belongings into our home seamlessly. Most of their toys fall within our homes color pallet. I find myself using non-pet items for them as well. For example vintage bowls as dishes, vintage throws and pillows for their bedding, I even designed a doggie tent for them to sleep in available in my shop at K.R.T. Home (click HERE to see).
Thank you so much Julia for including me in this series! I am so happy be able to meet so many fun people with the same passions as me.
They are all so cute! And my daughter wants Lola. I mean pink hair? And I have to admit I have been dreaming of a little Lola in my life myself.
Visit Kristen sometimes, I know I do and I enjoy it a lot.
Have a great weekend.
You can also enter your email address below
to hear more from me!
(but don’t forget to verify the subscription by clicking on the link in the verification email
which might have landed in your spam folder)
Delivered by FeedBurner